BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
Reporting to the Business Development Manager of Modern Specialty Insurance (MSI), you will be an energetic, and resourceful professional, providing service to our brokers. The ideal candidate must be a team player and will work closely with the Underwriting and Operations team. Under the President’s and Business Development Manager’s guidance, you will be responsible for appointing new brokers and support the growth of our programs with our existing brokers. You’ll play a key role in developing business to achieve MSI’s Insurance’s strategic goals, while maintaining excellent business relationships with the brokerage network. You will also play a key role in developing and executing key Marketing initiatives to promote MSI and our programs through multimedia to achieve MSI’s strategic goals.
- Maintain existing broker relationships and seek opportunities to expand the broker network
- Monitor portfolio performance, including retention rates, loss ratio and growth metrics
- Assist in the development, execution and reporting of business plans
- Provide guidance to brokers and their staff on the use of MSI tools including portals, marketing collateral to support growth of our programs
- Provide regular monitoring reports.
- Initiate actions to address any gaps to your business development plan.
- Stay informed on product markets, and provide information and recommendations about competitive conditions in each market
- Ordering and arranging delivery of promotional materials
- Development of tools, guides and other resources for our broker partners. This includes hosting presentations/training sessions, both virtual and in person.
- Represent Modern Specialty Insurance team at a variety of industry trade shows and broker conventions coordinating with the President for these events
- Accountable for gathering and reporting market intelligence
- Address concerns and/or issues related to brokers quickly and effectively working closely with the business line(s)
- Must be willing to travel (post COVID)
- 1-3 years of P/C Insurance industry related experience
- Strong Multimedia marketing experience
- 2-3 years in Business Development or working closely with the broker network
- Basic knowledge of brokerage network and insurance products/services
- Sales and decision-making skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- A team player with a positive attitude to achieve excellent service delivery
- Must be results-oriented, and take initiative
- Planning and organization skills with the demonstrated ability to be flexible
- Outstanding people skills, building trusted relationships for the long term
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow up skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
- College or University Degree or a C.I.P. is preferable
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- Award-winning, inspiring and growing workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- A great team of people
- Flexible Work Arrangements-Right now, we support 100% remote work, if your role permits. We anticipate that in November, we’ll be moving to a hybrid approach which gives us the best of both worlds – a mix of home and in-office workdays.
- Competitive benefits package
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience